Jails and prisons house a disproportionate number of people with mental health, substance use, and/or co-occurring disorders. Justice system personnel report that individuals in jails and prisons with mental health and/or substance use disorders experience physical, behavioral, and developmental challenges and have difficulties coping with institutional rules. Many people leaving jail and prison with mental health and/or substance use disorders lack access to services and supports and can become enmeshed in a cycle of costly, revolving justice system involvement.
Join us for this free, interactive virtual conversation as we examine the challenges and barriers justice involved individuals with behavioral health challenges face upon discharge. We will discuss strategies and approaches to support returning citizens with a strengths-based recovery orientation. Our presenters will share their experiences and approaches, recommend resources, and facilitate discussion among participants.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• George Braucht, Chief Mission Officer, BrauchtWorks Consulting
• Ashley Lewis, Criminal Justice Recovery Manager, SOS Recovery Community Organization
• Helen “Skip” Skipper, Manager of Peer Services, NYC Criminal Justice Agency
• Steven Samra, Associate, C4 Innovations
• More info about Recovery LIVE: https://c4innovates.com/training-technical-assistance/behavioral-health-and-recovery/recovery-live-virtual-event/
• Subscribe to receive C4’s newsletter and training updates: c4innovates.com/contact-us/